Last night I made some incredible flat breads that I filled with homemade falafels, tahini sauce, avocado and lettuce. To say they turned out tasty is an understatement. They were a dream come true.
To be honest when I first read that they would be baked in the oven for 4 minutes I was rather skeptical but the texture was perfect and they also did not break after we stuffed them really well with all the goodies that made up the filling.
I am a pioneer when it comes to the kitchen and rarely do I make the same recipes very often. Apart from of course my favourite smoothie recipes or hummus. I don’t think I could ever get an overdose of hummus plus I need to ensure that I do not suffer from a protein deficiency as a vegan 😉
Let’s get to the flat bread recipe
- 180g water
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 260g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the water and the yeast to the mixing bowl.
- Heat for 2 minutes on 37 degrees speed 1.
- Add flour and salt and mix for 1 minute on speed kneading.
- On a floured surface divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Brush the dough balls lightly with oil.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out each ball of dough into 12-15cm rounds.
- Be careful to ensure no holes appear in the dough.
- Transfer the rounds to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes in the oven.
- Leave to cool and enjoy with your favourite topping or filling.
Please let me know how you go with this recipe and what your favourite filling is.